WWE Friday Night Smackdown 3/2/2012
Sheamus came out first, and cut a promo saying Daniel Bryan was a changed man. He said he’s now conceited, just like Sheamus was when he won his first title two years ago. Vickie Guerrero and Dolph Ziggler came out and interrupted them. Dolph cut a promo saying he should’ve been in the main event at WrestleMania. Teddy Long came out to interrupt and booked Dolph Ziggler VS. Sheamus as the first match.
1. Sheamus defeated Dolph Ziggler. Swagger came out to distract Sheamus. Ziggler then hit the Zig Zag, but Sheamus kicked out and then finished off Dolph for the win.
Big Show VS. Mark Henry was advertised for later in the show.
2. Santino Marella defeated Heath Slater. Slater went for a move off the top rope, but Santino knocked him off and as Slater was still sitting on the top rope, he hit him with The Cobra.
3. Eve defeated Natalya. Eve came out and cut a promo like she did on RAW. Natalya then comes out and farts, which led to a match.
Cody Rhodes entered the arena and then so did Big Show. Cody fled into the crowd and Big Show said he was going to come after him. Teddy Long came out and booked Cody Rhodes VS Big Show in a match for the Intercontinental Title at WrestleMania 28. Then, Long introduced Mark Henry, who came out for his match with Big Show.
4. Big Show defeated Mark Henry. Henry dominated most of the match, and missed hitting Show with the steel ring steps. Show kicked out of the World’s Strongest Slam, then Show hit the WMD for the win.
They had a segment with John Laurinaitis and Teddy Long in the back. David Otunga said they wouldn’t seek criminal charges for Teddy striking Laurinaitis on RAW, but they might take civil action. Long booked David Otunga VS. Big Show for RAW next Monday. He also booked Drew McIntyre VS. Justin Gabriel for tonight. Long said that McIntyre is fired if he loses.
5. Justin Gabriel defeated Drew McIntyre. Teddy Long appeared on the Titantron and fired McIntyre, who sold it by crying in the ring before he left.
Daniel Bryan came out to the ring with AJ for a promo. He reminded the crowd that he is from Aberdeen, Washington, not too far from Seattle, but he moved to Las Vegas as soon as he could. He continued garnering cheap heat until Randy Orton came out for their match.
6. Daniel Bryan and Randy Orton went to a no-contest. Good back and forth match. Orton was about to hit his DDT, when Kane’s pyro hit and he came out, and Bryan and AJ fled. Kane and Orton brawled outside for a while and it was back and forth. They both got in the ring, where Kane got control, chokeslammed Orton and stood over him. Then, he asked for a mic. He stood over Orton, who was out, and said, “Welcome back.” Kane dropped the mic and left.